October, 16, 2017, Mississauga, ON
Innovation4D connects the venture capital community with the SME’s working in the Xerox Research Centre of Canada’s Innovation Hub. This premier event features guest speakers, a tour of a state-of-the-art pilot plant, pitch sessions, and networking opportunities.
Since 2014, the Xerox Research Centre of Canada has been nurturing an innovation hub in Mississauga, Ontario. With the help of our hub partners – RIC Centre and GreenCentre Canada – we’ve developed an ecosystem focused on advanced materials, advanced manufacturing, and Cleantech.
The Four Dimensions (4D) of innovation for any successful venture include:
- Market-focused innovative technology
- Access to capital
- Strong management team
- Industry expertise on scaling-up and de-risking
The Innovation Hub aims to help shape and grow municipal, provincial, and federal economies by:
- Capturing synergies from industry, public, and academic investments
- De-risking the development and deployment of commercially viable materials technologies
- Bridging the gaps between laboratory demonstration and industrial scale manufacturing.
- Providing open innovation opportunities for pre-competitive research projects among founding members [and future constituents]
We are actively seeking new opportunities to connect and grow. Please contact us if you’d like to learn more.
Registration and Networking Breakfast
Welcome by Dr. Paul Smith, Vice President and Centre Manager
Address by Her Worship, Mayor Bonnie Crombie, City of Mississauga
Address by The Honourable Reza Moridi, Minister of Science, Innovation and Research
Remarks by Pam Banks, Executive Director, RIC Centre
Remarks by Pete Pigott, Executive Director, GreenCentre Canada
Pilot Plant Tour
Tour our state-of-the-art, 27,000 square-foot pilot plant, built for the scale-up of chemical processes and large-scale sample supply.
10:00 AM - 10:40 AM
Six Curated Company Pitches:
OCE Market Readiness
11:00 AM - 11:50AM
11:50 AM - 1:00PM
We’re adding new start-ups every day. Check back soon!
VENTURE CAPITAL AND
Angel One Network
Bioindustrial Innovation Canada
Green Sky Capital
IAF - MaRS